The Critical Decentralisation Cluster (CDC) has the following aims:
- To critically discuss decentralisation in all its facets: thematizing privacy vs. transparency, private cryptocurrency, headless organisations, immutable code, future (code) governance and open vs. libre technologies.
- To discuss open hardware, libre hardware and its limits.
- To provide a space for exchange and outreach in the context of privacy technologies.
- To foster interdisciplinary work and an inclusive practice to improve crypto-literacy as well as technological literacy.
- To advocate critical projects and intitiatives in the context of decentralization and to open them up to a larger audience of peers.
One dedicated aim of the cluster is to accumulate the necessary infrastructure to organise it every year at the C3, and to have this available also throughout the year for events, presentations and workshops. Initial donations have been made by XMR.TO and a few anonymous individuals, hardware and equipment have been provided by RIAT.