The Critical Decentralisation Cluster on the Chaos Communication Congress is an area and grouping of different “assemblies”, which are working together and presenting projects, workshops and a space to critically discuss the future of decentralisation.
List of confirmed assemblies for 37C3
- Replicant - fully free Android distribution
- Social Distortion Protocol - ad-hoc riddles and games
- Namecoin - experimental open-source technology which improves decentralization, security, and censorship resistance
- FOSSASIA - Open-source community in Asia
- RIAT - independent decentralization institute in Vienna
- Department of Decentralization - collective from Berlin
- Swiss Cryptoeconomics
We also welcome other assemblies and groups in the categories Privacy & Anonymity, Coded Cultures and Open Hardware.
- Conference management through FRAB for the cluster: frab.riat.at
- Coordination and other talk on Matrix: #cdc:dod.ngo
In the past years the cluster consisted of a recording stage as well as two workshop areas for the assemblies and similar minded groups and projects. Part of the cluster also has been a coffee area from Paralelni Polis, as well as a historic overview of “process artefacts” from the RIAT archive.
Conference management through FRAB for the cluster: frab.riat.at
Coordination and other talk on Matrix: #cdc:dod.ngo
List of past assemblies at the cluster
- Apertus AXIOM Open-Source Hardware Cinema Cameras
- Dezentrum - think tank for decentralization
- MNT Reform, Interim & Amiga - MNT Open Hardware and Software lab
- Monero - community-driven decentralized and fungible secure digital currency
- OSHWA - Open Source Hardware Association
- Paraleni Polis - cryptoanarchist hackerspace and parallel society